Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy 9th Birthday, Devyn!



Can't believe it-I have a 9 year old....On November 18th, we went out to Bubba Gump's for dinner to celebrate her ACTUAL birthday. I can't remember ever drawing a birthday out for quite so long. We had her party so early this year, that it seemed like she really milked it. Hadn't been to Bubba Gump's in a long time-went to the new one in the Garden Walk (Anaheim/Garden Grove???). Aunt Mary and Uncle Robert went too! Devyn was thrilled that Auntie M made her all UCLA themed gifts (her future college choice, of course). New jammies, pillowcase, and fleece blanket. So cute! Her teacher at school even gave her a handmade birthday pillowcase-I thought that was really nice. Anyways, hard to believe she is 9. Makes me feel old. For some reason, 9 seems a lot older than 8. Getting close to the teen years-a tween I suppose. Seems like they get an attitude and hormonal a lot sooner these days.... Well, I just have to say this (if you are reading my blog, Devyn). I am amazed to see what you have become so far and look forward to many more wonderful surprises. At 9 you love sleepovers, socializing, Webkinz, your IPOD (stolen from me), your cats and turtles, the Wii, school, reading (which makes me happy), dancing (especially Irish), and singing. You do well in school-and I am happy that you excel in Math and Science-not my two stronger subjects. Is it possible you skipped a generation and got those skills from your grandpa??? I look at your baby pic and you have changed so much. Pretty soon you will be "borrowing" my clothes and shoes. I watch you eyeballing the shoes already.....Happy Birthday, Davidah Malkah ("beloved queen" in Hebrew....)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Happy late birthday to Devyn! I've never been to Bubba Gump's. And since I'm kinda hungry, it sounds even better!!! Heather, I know what you mean about 9 sounding older thant 8 and I think you're right about it just being that much closer to the teenage years.

jennalee said...

Happy Birthday Dev. Nine does sound a lot older than 8.