Thursday, June 12, 2008

Recital





June 12, 2008

One studio recital down, one studio to go. Glad that is done. Took 63 curlers and 2plus hours to do her hair! Were dropping one studio and sticking to Val Weaver's. Probably will add Hip Hop. We will be up to 4 hours of dance a week. I'm a little concerned with 4th grade starting in July. Lots of homework-they drag books home over the weekends....ugh!

Devyn got an award for Super Speller at school. She only missed ONE word ALL YEAR! They had 33 spelling tests!!!! So much like me-I always loved spelling. (In case you are wondering, she missed "design". It was killing me so I asked the teacher). It was a little sneaky. That test had all of the "ight" words (sight, fright, knight). SO, she added an "h" after the "g" in design. Oh well, probably won't forget that again.

Turned 36 yesterday-that was traumatic. Funny, my friend at school turned 28 and celebrated her birthday for several weeks. Oh, those were the days. A kid at school asked me how old I was. I said "old". He said "sixty???". Gotta love those little guys.....five more days of school but who is counting???? I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....... :)

3 comments:

jennalee said...

Happy Birthday Heather.

Katie said...

Holy Cow... she's going to be in 4th grade... crazy. And her hair is gorgeous... have you ever cut it? And Happy Birthday!

echowein said...

Oh Heather....Happy Birthday! We'll have to celebrate at Yogurtland the next time we get to crop together!